Name: April Standard
Years of Experience: 17
- B.A. English
- M. Ed. Instructional Technology
- 2010 Jefferson County Teacher of the Year/2010 JCHS Teacher of the Year (Subjects taught: British Lit. & Writer's Workshop)
Publishing Credits in the field of Education:
- Standard, A. (2014). "Beyond the Books: Mentorship in the Media Center." Library Media Connection, 33 (1), 36–39.
- Standard, A. (2013). "Trapped on the Ipad Crazy Train? Five Simple Steps to Regain Your Sanity." Library Media Connection, 32 (3), 40–42.
- Standard, A. (2011). "Sweet vs. Snap! Effective Dispositions in the Media Center." Library Media Connection, 29 (6), 36–37.
- Article "Sweet vs. Snap! Effective Dispositions in the Media Center." (2011) included in the 7th edition of School Library Management by Gail Dickinson & Judi Repman, ABC-CLIO, 2015.
I have a secondary career in Traditional Publishing and am a multi-published author of thirteen novels in a variety of genres. I'm a native of Jefferson County and a JCHS Graduate of the Class of 1997. I believe reading, writing, and lifelong learning should be challenging and fun! All students are capable of achieving success and I enjoy helping JCHS students pursue their chosen academic and career goals. Having grown up in a family of educators, I am grateful for the opportunity to support my neighbors' children and give back to our community.