Degrees and Certifications:
Hometown: Wrens, Georgia
Degrees and Certification:
- 1999 Graduate of Valdosta State University with a BA Criminal Justice
- 2004 Graduate of Troy University with a M. Ed. Counseling/Psychology
- 2011 Graduate Augusta State University with a MAT Early Childhood Education
Hobbies: Spending time with family and friends. I also enjoy traveling.
About Me: I attended school (K-12) in Wrens, Georgia. I graduated from Wrens High School in 1995. After working for the Department of Correction and the Department of Juvenile Justice for 10 years, I decided to listen to my heart and to become an educator. I taught 5th grade Social Studies/Science for 1 year in Warren County but my heart wanted to be back home to help the children here in Jefferson County. This school year (2015-2016) makes my 3rd year teaching 2nd grade at Carver Elementary and I have enjoyed every moment. I have one daughter, Alexus, who is an 8th grader at Wrens Middle School. I also have one dog, a Chihuahua Shih Tzu mix, named FeFe.
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” –Thomas A. Edison
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” –Nelson Mandela
- “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”