Jefferson County High School Mission Statement
We will prepare all students to be college and career ready by providing a challenging curriculum (rigor) that connects students’ lives and their futures (relevance) in a self, supportive, and nurturing environment (relationships).
Jefferson County High School Vision Statement
In collaboration with all stakeholders, Jefferson County and prepare students for success in an ever-changing world.
Jefferson County High School Motto
JCHS is a fountain of knowledge, don’t leave thirsty.
Jefferson County High School Belief Statements
At Jefferson County High School, we believe in the three R’s – Relationships, Rigor, and Relevance, supported by research-based instructional practice.
Relationships – We believe that meaningful teacher-student relationships and community and parent involvement form the necessary foundation for school and student success.
- Advisory Program
- 8th Grade Orientation – Seamless transition from 6th grade to post-secondary
- At-Risk Focus Groups
- Graduation Coaches
- CTAE Advisory Council / Partner with Business and Industry
Rigor and Relevance – We believe that curriculum should reflect our high expectations for all students and ensure that all are post-secondary ready.
- Reading in Content Areas – Use of Lexiles to meet individual needs
- Writing Across Content
- Elimination of Low-Level Courses
- Open-Door AP Policy
- Increased Unit for Graduation
- Standards-Based Classrooms
- Revised Grading Policy
- Common Course Syllabi
- Differentiation Through Technology Use
- Virtual High School
- Alternate Assessments – Products and Performances
- Working on the Work
- Literary Magazine – Literary Participation
- Industry Certification
- Work-Based Learning
- Dual Enrollment
- Articulated Credit with Post-Secondary
Researched-Based Best Instructional Practice – As professional educators, we are committed to using the instructional practices that clearly support student learning.
- Common Curriculum – Common Assessments
- Learning-Focused Based Lessons
- Extra Help Opportunities – Including After School Tutorial
- System of Formative Assessments
- Thinking Maps – Graphic Organizers
- Career Awareness Opportunities (Career Day, Military Recruiters)
- CTAE Work Ethic Orientation