Media Center Hours
7:50 - 3:30
Fines for lost, damaged, or overdue books?
Never! Read to your heart's content.
The mission of the Jefferson County High School media center is to support students in their pursuit of academic/career goals and promote a lifelong love of learning and reading by providing a variety of services conducive to inquiry, critical thinking, and creativity.
Your Media Specialist is always happy to help!
Name: April Standard
Years of Experience: 17
- B.A. English
- M. Ed. Instructional Technology
- 2010 Jefferson County Teacher of the Year/2010 JCHS Teacher of the Year (Subjects taught: British Lit. & Writer's Workshop)
Publishing Credits in the field of Education:
- Standard, A. (2014). "Beyond the Books: Mentorship in the Media Center." Library Media Connection, 33 (1), 36–39.
- Standard, A. (2013). "Trapped on the Ipad Crazy Train? Five Simple Steps to Regain Your Sanity." Library Media Connection, 32 (3), 40–42.
- Standard, A. (2011). "Sweet vs. Snap! Effective Dispositions in the Media Center." Library Media Connection, 29 (6), 36–37.
- Article "Sweet vs. Snap! Effective Dispositions in the Media Center." (2011) included in the 7th edition of School Library Management by Gail Dickinson & Judi Repman, ABC-CLIO, 2015.
I have a secondary career in Traditional Publishing and am a multi-published author of thirteen novels in a variety of genres. I'm a native of Jefferson County and a JCHS Graduate of the Class of 1997. I believe reading, writing, and lifelong learning should be challenging and fun! All students are capable of achieving success and I enjoy helping JCHS students pursue their chosen academic and career goals. Having grown up in a family of educators, I am grateful for the opportunity to support my neighbors' children and give back to our community.